Table of Contents
Lithuania Schengen Visa Application Requirements: A Guide for Travelers: If you are planning a trip to Lithuania, you may need to obtain a Schengen visa. This type of visa allows you to travel to all 26 countries within the Schengen area, including Lithuania. In this article, we will outline the Lithuania Schengen visa application requirements, so you can make sure you have everything you need to apply.
What is a Schengen Visa?
A Schengen visa is a type of visa that allows you to travel to any of the 26 countries within the Schengen area. This includes Lithuania, as well as other countries such as France, Spain, Italy, and Germany. The Schengen area is a group of European countries that have abolished passport and other types of border control at their mutual borders.
Do You Need a Lithuania Schengen Visa?
Whether or not you need a Lithuania Schengen visa depends on your nationality. If you are a citizen of a country that is part of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), you do not need a Schengen visa to travel to Lithuania. However, if you are a citizen of a country outside of the EU/EEA, you will need a Schengen visa to enter Lithuania.
Lithuania Schengen Visa Application Requirements
To apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A completed Lithuania Schengen visa application form. You can obtain this form from the Lithuanian embassy or consulate in your home country or online.
- A valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your intended stay in Lithuania, and it must have been issued within the last ten years.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs. These photographs must meet the Schengen visa photo requirements.
- Proof of travel arrangements. You will need to provide evidence of your travel arrangements, such as flight tickets or a travel itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation. You will need to provide evidence of your accommodation in Lithuania, such as a hotel reservation.
- Travel medical insurance. You will need to provide proof of travel medical insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay in Lithuania.
- Proof of financial means. You will need to provide evidence that you have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your stay in Lithuania.
- A letter of invitation (if applicable). If you are visiting Lithuania for business or to visit friends or family, you may need to provide a letter of invitation from your host in Lithuania.
- Visa application fee. You will need to pay a fee to apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa. The fee is non-refundable, even if your visa application is denied.
How to Apply for a Lithuania Schengen Visa
To apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa, you will need to follow these steps:
- Gather all of the required documents.
- Complete the Lithuania Schengen visa application form.
- Make an appointment at the Lithuanian embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Attend your appointment and submit your application and supporting documents.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Wait for a decision on your visa application.
The processing time for a Lithuania Schengen visa application is usually up to 15 days. However, in some cases, it can take up to 30 days or longer. Therefore, it is important to apply for your visa well in advance of your planned trip to Lithuania.
If you are a citizen of a country outside of the EU/EEA and you want to travel to Lithuania, you will need to obtain a Lithuania Schengen visa.