Table of Contents
Best Student Credit Cards: As a student, having a credit card can be a great way to build your credit history and gain financial independence. However, with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best student credit card for your needs. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the top student credit cards on the market and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
Best Student Credit Cards to Build Credit
Building credit as a student can be challenging, but it’s essential for your financial future. Here are some of the best student credit cards to help you build credit:
- Discover it Student Cash Back: This card is a great option for students who are looking to build credit while earning rewards. With the Discover it Student Cash Back, you can earn 5% cash back on rotating categories (up to $1,500 in purchases per quarter) and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Additionally, Discover will match all the cash back you earned at the end of your first year as a cardholder.
- Capital One Journey Student Rewards: The Capital One Journey Student Rewards card is designed specifically for students who are looking to build their credit history. With this card, you can earn 1% cash back on all purchases, and an additional 0.25% cash back when you pay your bill on time. After making your first five monthly payments on time, Capital One will increase your credit limit.
- Citi Rewards+ Student Card: The Citi Rewards+ Student Card is an excellent choice for students who are looking to build their credit while earning rewards. With this card, you can earn 2X ThankYou points at supermarkets and gas stations (up to $6,000 in purchases per year) and 1X ThankYou point on all other purchases. Additionally, Citi rounds up your rewards to the nearest 10 points on every purchase, making it easy to earn rewards quickly.
Best Student Credit Cards in Australia
If you’re a student in Australia, here are some of the best credit cards to consider:
- NAB Low Fee Card: The NAB Low Fee Card is a great option for students who are looking for a low-cost credit card. With this card, you’ll only pay a $30 annual fee and receive a low-interest rate on purchases. Additionally, you’ll get up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, giving you plenty of time to pay off your balance.
- ANZ First Student Credit Card: The ANZ First Student Credit Card is another excellent option for students in Australia. With this card, you’ll receive a low-interest rate on purchases, a $0 annual fee, and up to 44 days interest-free on purchases. Additionally, you’ll earn rewards on your purchases, which can be redeemed for gift cards, travel, and more.
- Westpac Low Rate Card: The Westpac Low Rate Card is perfect for students who are looking for a low-interest rate on their purchases. With this card, you’ll receive a low-interest rate on purchases and a $59 annual fee. Additionally, you’ll get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, giving you plenty of time to pay off your balance.
Can I get a student credit card with no credit history?
Yes, it’s possible to get a student credit card with no credit history. Many student credit cards are designed for students who are just starting to build their credit history, so they often have more lenient approval criteria than traditional credit cards.
Can a student credit card help me build my credit history?
Yes, a student credit card can help you build your credit history. As long as you make your payments on time and keep your credit card.
Choosing the right student credit card is an important decision that can have a lasting impact on a student’s financial journey. The featured credit cards in this article, including the Discover it® Student Cash Back, Citi® Rewards+℠ Student Card, Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students, and Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®, offer unique advantages to empower students and foster responsible credit usage. By leveraging these cards, students can develop sound financial habits, earn rewards, and pave the way for a brighter financial future. Remember, responsible credit card usage and timely payments are key to unlocking the full benefits of these student credit cards.