Full form of YII: Yii is a general-purpose web programming framework that may be used to create any type of PHP-based web application. It is especially well suited for creating large-scale applications like portals, forums, content management systems (CMS), e-commerce endeavours, RESTful Web services, and so forth because of its component-based architecture and excellent caching support.
Full form of YII
- Like the majority of PHP frameworks, Yii supports code structure based on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectural paradigm.
- Yii adheres to the idea that code should be written in a straightforward yet elegant manner.
- Never will Yii try to overdesign something just to adhere exactly to a design pattern.
- Yii is a full-stack framework that offers numerous tested and ready-to-use features, including support for RESTful API development, multi-tier caching, query builders and ActiveRecord for both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Yii is incredibly flexible.
- Almost everything of the core’s code can be altered or changed.
- Yii’s strong extension architecture allows you to utilise or create redistributable extensions.